This is a list of the issues we have noted during the Inward Quest website move.
If you come across any issues not listed here, please let us know.
- When asking a new question or writing an answer, the preview pane below the editor may not accurately reflect the final format of your question/answer. This is being looked into.
- Existing links within comments brought over from the old IQ site are no longer clickable but are just showing up as HTML urls. This is being looked into.
- There appear to be some formatting problems with multiply-nested bullet points
Fixed, or no fix available
- Daily digests (in email notification settings)
have not been set up yet are now working
- Server speed is slow.
This is being looked into. Speed has now improved considerably following some configuration changes. Continuing to monitor this. Server speed now appears to be acceptable (apart from the occasional "hanging" mentioned above)
- Votes on comments have not transferred over to the new site. Votes on comments, in any case, do not count towards user karma points and are just an indication of popularity of a comment.
- We've managed to keep all your badge totals from the previous Inward Quest but, within your profile, they will be showing as 0 badges. This is not something we are able to fix. However, new badges you receive will continue to add to your existing totals so it means you will be able to again get badges that you have received before. Consider it a bonus for being an established member!
- Some recent answers which had accepted answers no longer have accepted answers. Unfortunately, we have been unable to fix this. Please re-accept any answers that were previously accepted as the "correct" answer.
- Users who had multiple accounts on the previous software have had a number added to their username e.g. Joe has become Joe 1. This is because our previous software allowed multiple duplicate usernames, this new software does not. If you are one of those affected, it may also affect your ability to log in and reconnect with your account. Please let us know if this happens to you - we should be able to fix it manually.
- Tag links from the old IQ software are not compatible with tag links from the new software (A tag link is, for example, questions tagged as 'manifesting'). These are being manually edited by the moderators as we come across them.
- The new software gives us the ability to convert answers into comments and answers into new questions. The moderators are doing these conversions manually as we come across answers that would be better suited to be comments or new questions.
- There are some formatting problems with HTML ordered lists (the "ol" tag). This is
being looked into. fixed.
- We are having a few problems with the site "hanging" from time to time. This
appears to be is caused by database issues. This is being looked into. We are testing out a number of solutions over a number of days to see if any of them resolves the problem permanently. The "hottest" question sort button on the home page has now been removed. There appears to be a bug in the software that causes the entire website to hang when the "hottest" sort is used. This may possibly have been the cause of the on-going website hanging problems. (It was definitely at least one cause). I am watching closely to see if this resolves all the problems. The problem has not recurred since the fix was made and this issue now appears resolved.
Dec 30 '11 at 21:47
Simon Templeton ♦♦