This site must be viewed with Javascript enabled. If you are unable to turn on Javascript, please follow these instructions.

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×33
×8
×2

Asked: Jul 16 '12 at 10:31

Seen: 728 times

Last updated: Jul 23 '12 at 03:45

I would like to help...I have the time...I am a good writer (I think- at least, I can spell) and so on. Are you ever going to need more help? If so, would you ever consider promoting from within?

Jai

asked Jul 16 '12 at 10:31

Jaianniah's gravatar image

Jaianniah
426293027

I meant being a moderator....I should have made that clear. Jai

(Jul 18 '12 at 16:54) Jaianniah

Any member with more than 3,000 points already has 90% of the powers of any official moderator appointed by me. It wouldn't make any sense to give someone the remaining 10%, with the potential to cause irreversible damage to the site, if they hadn't already demonstrated consistent, competent and mature use of the existing 90% over a long period of time. They wouldn't have proved yet that they have enough experience and commitment. I'm sure you can understand my position. Moderating the site is not the same as writing for the site.

Finally, no appointed moderator would be allowed to identify themselves as their IQ username anyway. They would have to remain anonymous and in the background and would get no formal recognition for what they do. I've explained why here: http://www.inwardquest.com/questions/48683

(Jul 19 '12 at 09:45) Simon Templeton ♦♦

I'd be willing...you once said that you would keep a list...I'd do it to pay back some of what IQ has given to me....Keep me in mind. Thanks for you input! Jai

(Jul 23 '12 at 03:45) Jaianniah

Sure, we always need help with running the site. Plenty of members, such as yourself, have enough reputation points to help with keeping it running, but most just don't seem to use those powers.

From the FAQ:

If you have gained more than 2,000 karma points then you have earned the right to help run the website by editing questions and answers, and we encourage you to do so. If you spot spelling or grammar mistakes or even formatting problems, please feel free to go ahead and correct them. But also be very careful not to alter the meaning of anything that someone has written. As a general rule, if you are not sure what you are doing then don't do anything. If there is an obvious problem, a site moderator will fix it eventually anyway, or you can just report it for their attention as described below If you notice a problem with a question or answer, you can flag it for the attention of the site moderators by clicking the report link found at the bottom of every question and answer. Doing this also helps us deal quickly with spam or offensive comments.

link

answered Jul 17 '12 at 01:48

Simon%20Templeton's gravatar image

Simon Templeton ♦♦
2.2k172242

Your answer
toggle preview

Related Questions